Date: 11/18/17 2:03 pm
From: Ted Floyd <tedfloyd57...>
Subject: [cobirds] Return of the Great Boulder Caper: Friday, Nov. 24
Hello, Birders.

Well, we're gonna do it. After last year's fiasco (leader was out of the
country, forgot to notify the sponsoring bird club), we're on, for sure,
this coming *Friday, Nov. 24.* Correct, Friday. Black Friday. Join us for
this annual festival of birderly mirth, beautiful Boulder County, and
repudiation of the crass consumptivism of contemporary American culture. We
will meet at *7:30 am at the Cottonwood Marsh parking lot* off 75th St. in
Boulder County. We will bird all day or until we run out of leftover
tofurkey and yerba mate. Itinerary to be determined as we go along, but
chances are we'll drift north toward Longmont and then either west toward
Lyons or south toward Lafayette; can you say, winging it.

No guarantees, but some possible birds at this time of year are Ross goose,
tundra swan, sea ducks, Pacific loon, Bonaparte gull, northern shrike,
marsh wren, and swamp sparrow. If we find gulls, white-cheeked geese, and
red crossbills, we'll talk dirty about field ID. (*If* we find gulls and
geese. Please.) And if the Basemar Trap is still producing, we might go
there too.

All are welcome--children, curiosity seekers, and the Colorado Springs
mafia especially so. You may come and go as you please, but consider that
we tend to see the best birds at the beginning and the end. This outing,
sponsored by the Boulder County Audubon Society, is free and open to the
public.

See you on Friday!

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County