Date: 11/17/17 4:15 pm
Subject: Common Eiders, Carteret County, NC
Hi All,

While birding Fort Macon State Park with Ben Murphy from Illinois this
morning we had two Common Eiders fly up the beach, land in a gull flock for
a minute, then continue up the beach towards the inlet. After that, Ben
went to the pier while I went to fill feeders at Fort Macon. Ben called me
shortly thereafter to tell me he had three Common Eiders at the pier. By
the time I arrived, only one was still in sight, and after a minute or two,
it flew 100 yards or more off the end of the pier and just rested on the
water. So, there were between three and five Common Eiders in the area
this morning.

Marty Wall
Beaufort, NC

Join us on Facebook!