Date: 11/17/17 2:31 pm
From: Alan Schmierer <aaschmierer...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Three pairs of Black-capped Gnatcatchers along Blue Haven Rd, Patagonia?
This morning I clearly heard 2 BLACK-CAPPED GNATCATCHERS along Blue Haven Road exactly 0.5 miles past Paton's driveway. A few days ago I saw and photographed a pair of BLACK-CAPPED GNATCATCHER 2.0 miles past paton's, where the rock on the right (north) side comes down to the road. In addition I have heard of a third-hand report from a reliable source that there have been a pair farther down the road near Salero Road.
Amazing how the numbers have mushroomed over the past few decades. Most that I am aware of are in similar habitat: brushy/mesquite slopes as they transition to flat land near water. Alan Schmierer
PO Box 626
Patagonia, AZ  85624
805-801-3701 (cell)
PHOTOS AT: