Date: 11/17/17 11:37 am
From: <wwillem...>
Subject: [cobirds] stray birds

The recent sightings of the varied thrush and black-throated blue warbler
behind the Base-Mar Center in Boulder raised a few questions for me. I am
new to this list so my apologies if these questions are not appropriate for
this forum.

I am curious about research that has examined spatial patterns of stray
birds and their characteristics (e.g., relative to their numbers, life
stage, sex, species, habitat) and as well as possible changes in historical
patterns owing to human-caused factors. I’ll be grateful for references to
pertinent studies.

Willem van Vliet—

Boulder, CO