Date: 11/16/17 2:54 pm
From: James Pike <jimpike444...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] palm
A return visit to look for orioles near the Ward and Edinger entrance to
Mile Square Park instead turned up a Palm Warbler. It was ten yards east of
the ranger station gate along the fence bordering the golf course. As I
recall, Tom Wurster found a Palm Warbler in this same area a couple winters
ago. I've never before hazarded the aging of a Palm Warbler, but it perched
in a tree and the outer rectrices looked relatively fresh and truncate.
Under the circumstances, I'm guessing this could be an adult returnee. Pics
below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140329376@N06/

Jim Pike
HB