Date: 11/14/17 8:22 pm
From: Noah Arthur <semirelicta...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Late Franklin's Gull near Branched Oak
After another fruitless hunt through Wyuka Cemetery for winter finches, I headed out to Branched Oak and found no winter finches again in the fields that have had redpolls and siskins in past years. Late in the evening, driving back to town, I stopped to scan a flock of gulls in a field along Raymond Rd. east of the lake, and among a couple hundred or so RING-BILLED GULLS was an adult FRANKLIN'S GULL -- seemingly very late in the season. I wonder if this bird will try to winter...
Noah Arthur (Oakland, CA/Lincoln, NE)<semirelicta...>

Join us on Facebook!