Date: 11/14/17 4:14 pm
From: Dougie Peebles <peebsfam...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Solitaire There!
Townsend's Solitaire was there as advertised at 4 PM today in Demarest Lloyd State Park in Dartmouth.
Just beyond the picnic tables, flew into a tree right over the stone bridge leading to the George Pond trail. gave the single note "Sink!" call repeatedly for 3 minutes, then flew off.
What thrill for me. Looked kinda like a dull Catbird, but more erect. Nice eye ring. Didn't get much wing coloration, but what a thrill!
Have chased it for many, many years, and very much wanted to see this unusual, unique songbird. A lifer for me! Wow!
  Also 9 Common Goldeneyes and the one Common Eider have been hanging around Megansett Harbor. I like them, too.
Thanks!
Doug Peebles
Cataumet

Join us on Facebook!