Date: 11/14/17 2:51 pm
From: Mike Grant <mikecurlew...>
Subject: Re: St. Louis Audubon field trip, Saturday, November 18
To St. Louis area birders (and others who may want to join us):

WHAT: St. Louis Audubon Society field trip, half day.

WHEN: Saturday, November 18

WHERE: Meet at Teal Pond, Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. From I-270 in north St. Louis County, take exit 31B north and follow highway 367 toward Alton. Cross the Missouri River, go past the turn for MO-94, and continue until the bridge to Alton is in sight. Take the last available right turn before the bridge, where you see the gas station; then go past the station and turn right again on Wise Road. The Teal Pond parking lot is ahead of you on your right.

MEETING TIME: 8:00 a.m. We will check Teal Pond first but will take off for other parts of the area before too long.

TENTATIVE PLAN: We will probably spend a good deal of time looking for waterfowl, larids (gulls & terns), and other water-related birds at Riverlands. If time permits, we may drive Cora Island Rd. The trip is expected to end at about noon.

WHO: Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society or not. Out-of-towners are invited!

CONDITIONS: Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted. At this moment KMOV is predicting temperatures starting at 48 and climbing only to 53 with morning rain and then partly cloudy skies-- but of course that can change.

LEADERS: Myself, and possibly some other members of the leader group.

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO

<mikecurlew...>

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/