Date: 11/14/17 2:49 pm
From: Peter Crosson <pcrosson...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] BROWN PELICAN continues - Barnstable
Hi Massbirders, I had a surprise, close range flyby from the continuing brown pelican at Sandy Neck today. The bird had not been seen for several days. While I was seawatching from the beach today, it flew by only about 25 to 30 feet offshore, low in a wave trough. I alerted a few other birders, and John Pratt later relocated it at Scusset Beach. Presumably it was pushed back this way by the moderate northeast winds today. Hopefully it is still somewhere in the area. Those interested should consider trying Scusset Beach, Town Neck Road beach in Sandwich, or Sandy Neck parking lot.

Good birding,
Peter Crosson
West Barnstable, MA

Sent from my iPhone