Date: 11/14/17 11:20 am
From: John Thomlinson <la_limey_birder...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Burrowing Owl at Dominguez Hills
Bird of the morning on my weekly count, by far, was a Burrowing Owl in the open fields south of the CAMS High School and east of Lot 4.  It was moving around a bit, being harassed by a couple of Cassin's Kingbirds and a Say's Phoebe.  I was chatting to one of the people who works in that area and he said they had been seeing it for the last few days.  I live in hope that one day they will breed here again.
John Thomlinson

San Pedro and CSU Dominguez Hills "It is absolutely a crime for any man to die possessed of useful knowledge in which nobody shares." J.A.L. Waddell, 1916.

Join us on Facebook!