Date: 11/14/17 9:14 am
From: Jeff Hansen <jeff.hansen.sd...>
Subject: Topeka Birds
Thought I'd share some of my recent sightings around my place in SW Topeka.

This morning had 4 loons at Lake Sherwood.  Neat to see them eating the
fish they had caught.  Also a couple Franklin's gulls on the water.  The
ducks were mostly ruddy ducks.  Not much else. Last weekend I had 6
white pelicans which I rarely see at Sherwood.  Seemed late for them too.

I went to Lake Vaquero after an appointment (just northwest of
Sherwood).  It had 16 hooded mergansers that were all bunched up and
would all dive at once.  They must be working together to catch fish.
THose were the only ducks besides some mallards.  One of my favorites.

I've had 5 and 6 pine siskins last week and one yesterday. Otherwise
nothing unusual in the backyard.  I have had one red-breasted nuthatch
but haven't seen him for about a week.

--
Jeff Hansen
https://www.youtube.com/BackyardBirdsUS