Date: 11/14/17 9:11 am
From: 'Eddie Bartley' <eddie...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] San Francisco CBC December 27
Hello, Bay Area Birders. Passing this on from our good friends at Golden
Gate Audubon Society. (Eddie Bartley, San Francisco)

This is Golden Gate Audubon Society's CENTENNIAL YEAR . and we invite you to
help celebrate its first century at the big year-end citizen science event:
the annual San Francisco Christmas Bird Count, on Wednesday, December 27.
The San Francisco Count is held in partnership with the Presidio Trust.
Please join us.

As a field observer, you'll get to see and hear the bird life in an area
that fits your interests and abilities, add to our understanding of the
status and distribution of our wintering birds, and enjoy the day. We
welcome new birders to help documenting the birds that are being identified
by more experienced leaders. Afterward, join us at the compilation dinner
($20) at the Log Cabin in the Presidio. A rarity usually turns up; learning
about them will help you see them, too. The food from La Mediterranee will
be good, and the company will be even better.

Maybe you'd rather just count birds in your yard on December 27. Feeder
watchers can spend as much or as little time watching birds as they wish,
and these observations also advance our knowledge of winter bird
populations. If this interests you, sign up as a feeder watcher -- in the
evening you can also join us at the compilation dinner.

Click this link to get started:
https://goldengateaudubon.org/birding-resources/christmas-bird-counts/
https://goldengateaudubon.org/birding-resources/christmas-bird-counts/

The sign-up deadline is December 3, so sign up today.

Contact us if you have questions about the count; contact the Golden Gate
Audubon Society office (510-843-2222) if you have questions about the
compilation dinner.

We hope you'll take part!

Noreen Weeden
Golden Gate Audubon
<nweeden...> <mailto:<nweeden...>
mailto:<nweeden...> <mailto:<nweeden...>

www.goldengateaudubon.org <http://www.goldengateaudubon.org>
http://www.goldengateaudubon.org/

Join us on Facebook!