Date: 11/14/17 8:28 am
From: <okcbirder...> <okcbirder...>
Subject: Lake Hefner Birds - 13Nov17
We were in hunt for the Black Scoter but as usual we have poor luck when we seek a specific bird -- yesterday was no exception.

It was a good day finding almost 50 species as we drove to several Lake Hefner locations: Lake Shore Park (Prairie Dog Point), behind boat storage area and across the Dam.

We took joy as we spotted a Brown creeper scurry up and down tree trucks -- it was among a feeding flock of small birds flying back and forth across the dirt road behind the boat storage area near the fire house!

Others of interested included:
Red-breasted Merganser 150 Large flock viewed from east Dam road. Two landed at Prairie dog pt
Common Loon 6 may have been more as we drove across the Dam
Pied-billed Grebe 24
Horned Grebe 12
Double-crested Cormorant 200
American White Pelican 250 Sad to find one dead White Pelican carcass floating in water near water inlet at Prairie Dog Pt.
Osprey 1 Have nice photo while it was perched.
peep sp. 25 Viewed from North Dam road looking down OKC water treatment plant

If interested View our checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40500752

Join us on Facebook!