Date: 11/14/17 7:35 am
From: <obol-bounce...>
Subject: [obol] November OBA Photo Contest
Hello all,
I am so sorry for such a long delay in getting back into the swing of
things with the monthly contest. Long story short, I am now back into the
swing of things :)
which brings me to two things:
Firstly, a BIG congratulations to Erik Gauge and his winning photograph of
a Red - necked phalarope taken in Clatsop county. I highly encourage
everyone to head over to http://www.orbirds.org to see this lovely bird in
flight on the OBA home page.
Secondly, the deadline for the November OBA photo contest is today at 5:00
PM. Every submission I've recieved thus far has been beautiful! To see if
yours is up on the contest page, follow the link here:
http://www.orbirds.org/contest1.html. And please let me know by this
(early) afternoon if you do not see your photo up on the website.
Thirdly, (I guess there are three things) here is the list of contest rules
for a quick reminder:

- Contest submissions must be of wild birds only and while minor editing
to crop or adjust lighting are acceptable, photographs with major
modifications to the subject or background, or photo montages, will be
rejected by the contest moderator, whose decision is final.
- You do not need to be an OBA member to submit a photo in the contest.
- You do not need to be an OBA member to vote in the contest.
- Submission period for photos will be the first two weeks of every
month, and must be received by our Contest Coordinator by 5 pm on the
14th day. Submitted photos will then be posted here for people to vote
on.
- Once the voting is completed, the winning photo will be displayed as
our website home-page image for the following month.
- Photographers may only submit one photo per contest (monthly).
- Voters may only vote for one photo per contest (monthly).
- Photo must have been taken in Oregon and within the current month or
two months prior. For example, only photos from March, April, and May will
be accepted for May's contest.
- Please include the species name, location, date the photo was taken,
and your name and email address.

Submission period is the first two weeks of every month.

please e-mail your photo submissions to me!

Thank you all, and happy birding! 🦉🦅🐦
Cheers,
Zia Fukuda

Join us on Facebook!