Date: 11/14/17 6:29 am
From: robert dodelson <rdodelson...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Assunpink Trumpeter Swans
This morning I had a distant view of 2 adult Trumpeters from. the main
parking area of Lake Assunpink.
At the eastern end of the lake a few minutes later I saw the "juvenile"
bird in the company of 2 adult Mute Swans. 2 others Mutes were nearby. The
bird I refer to as a juvenile Trumpeter was the one that was here most of
last winter. It has a grayish or yellowish (depending on the light) wash on
the neck. If you are close enough you can see a distinct pinkish or
purplish horizontal stripe on the lower mandible.
Otherwise an unusual number of Coots are still present and there was a
Belted Kingfisher across the lake.
Bob Dodelson

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>