Date: 11/14/17 6:12 am
From: Cliff Otto <bye.bye.nh.birdy...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Re: Absence of birds?
Pam Hunt just wrote about "The question of “why are there no birds around.”

Herb Wilson's, who teaches ornithology at Colby University, specializing in
foraging, migration, and habitat selection, posts bi-weekly bird
essays at http://web.colby.edu/mainebirds/author/whwilson/
They are also carried by some Maine newspapers.

His latest one is *Birds Avoiding Feeders* and begins:

"Where are the birds? I’m sure I have been asked this question at least 20
times in the last few weeks. Lots of people are finding that many of our
familiar, common birds have abandoned our feeding stations."

One conclusion he draws conclusion is partial migration of species
depending on natural food supply.

Cliff Otto