Date: 11/13/17 9:15 pm
From: Noah Arthur <semirelicta...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] 'Pink-sided' Junco at Wyuka Cemetery
I wandered around Wyuka hoping for winter finches this afternoon, and found exactly zero. In fact, finch numbers were incredibly low, with the only finches being two or three HOUSE FINCHES (although I didn't manage to bird the entire huge place and could have missed a flock). However, a nice surprise was a 'PINK-SIDED' JUNCO with a flock of our usual 'SLATE-COLORED/CASSIAR/OREGON' JUNCOS. This bird was very obliging, sitting up on a twig for me even after the other juncos had flown off, and I ended up taking way too many photos of him, as you can see here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99231652@N07/albums/72157666336622279

Noah Arthur (Oakland, CA/Lincoln, NE)<semirelicta...>

Join us on Facebook!