Date: 11/13/17 7:56 pm
From: Scott Seltman <sselt...>
Subject: Re: Pine Siskin First Wave
I didn't post anything about it, but last week on 6-8 November I saw about 50 Pine Siskins in a few scattered flocks in both Kingman and Harper Counties. It's too earlier to predict an irruption, I suppose, but when you're seeing them scattered around out in open country it's a good sign.

I birded the Kingman shore of Cheney Res. on 8 November and saw tons of diving ducks and gulls, but found absolutely nothing rare. I then drove through Quivira's Big Salt Marsh near sundown and again saw lots of birds but little that was noteworth. At least two Short-eared Owls were flying around on the west side of the Wildlife Drive.

Scott Seltman
Larned, Kansas

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to