Date: 11/13/17 7:45 pm
From: millerrichj via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Four Scoters at DeWeese Res., Custer Co.
Today I found four juvenile type scoters at DeWeese Reservoir. I watched
them for a while and three of them eventually showed white wing patches
when they preened. The third was very similar to the other three but never
showed a white patch. It didn't look much like a Surf Scoter either.
Conclusion is three White-winged and one unknown Scoter. There were also five
Snow Geese on the lake Not a common occurrence here.

No ice on the water yet. Scant snow cover on the Sangre De Cristos.
Winter is off to a slow start here.

Rich Miller
Canon City