Date: 11/13/17 6:15 pm
From: Richard <birdertoo...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Common Redpoll at First Creek Trail, Adams County
Hello cobirders;

What a beautiful day! Temperatures reached 73 degrees; winds were only 5-6 mph.

The third time was a charm. I stopped at First Creek Trail, Adams County section this morning and found only the birds encountered yesterday, no Common Redpoll.

On the return trip, I stopped again. This time (3:35 pm), a Common Redpoll was on top of a cottonwood tree. The tree was along First Creek at 30 yards west of Buckley Road, not far from the trailhead.

On the walk back to the Buckley Road 56th Avenue parking area, a Northern Shrike was perched along the fence.

Instead of walking farther west I drove the DIA Owl Loop. Raptors included two Ferruginous Hawks, three Red-tailed Hawks, one American Kestrel and one Prairie Falcon. No Short-eared Owls appeared this evening.

Continued Good Birding!

Directions to birding spots and maps on CoBus website:
http://coloradobirdingsociety.net

Richard Stevens; Director, Colorado Birding Society
Denver, Colorado
Contact CoBus/Report Interesting Birds: 303-324-7994
Subscribe to "cobirders" by sending blank email to:
<cobirders-subscribe...>
Read "cobirders" at: