Date: 11/13/17 5:16 pm
From: Michael Perlin <mlperlin...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Recent Yong Kong remark
Bernie & Yong, Ignore them. If they want to skip your posts, they can.

It has always amazed me how hobbyists do exactly the same thing no matter
what the hobby. I am a serious Bob Dylan fan, and there are similar hostile
posts on the fora there. If i were still a serious stamp collector, I am
sure I would find them there as well. The few times I check in on the opera
fora, ditto. Something about hobbies that brings this out in some people.
(I was actually once bullied off of a Dylan forum on Facebook, and the
bully-er was eventually kicked off FB in response, and that, I guess was
satisfying).

So, again, ignore them and post away. I was unable to do much birding from
April-October b/c of some fairly serious knee problems (thank goodness,
resolved by surgery) so I became more dependent on this list than ever
before. And it gave/gives me great pleasure...

Best to all, Michael

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 7:41 PM, B.G. Sloan <bgsloan3...> wrote:

> Yong Kong recently said he received the following comment in response
> to one of his JERSEYBI posts:
>
> *Your headlines are bait to get folks to look at your 'not very good
> photos on Flickr'"
>
> I can relate to that, and it's probably the main reason I don't post
> much to JERSEYBI anymore. There are a few trolls on the list who can't
> wait to privately jump on some folks who they think post too
> frequently. At one time in the past someone told me that the only
> person who was worse than me was Yong Kong. :-)
>
> I'm pretty thick-skinned, but at some point I get tired of a few
> people privately "calling BS" on me. :-)
>
> Bernie Sloan
> Highland Park
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <www.njbrc.com/index.php/
> reporting-rare-birds/>