Date: 11/13/17 4:24 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Sparrows, etc., Koch property, Northampton County
Tree sparrows are showing up in the fields along with lots of songs and whitethroats, lesser but decent numbers of white-crowned's, a few fields, swamps, Savannahs, and chippings, and one fox sparrow (to date).  Today there was a flock of 75+ cedar waxwings in various trees in the yard, but they were outnumbered by flocks of robins eating crabapples, pokeberries, beauty berries, etc. At times they were joined by red-winged blackbirds and cowbirds. A small flock of eastern bluebirds, all males, kept going in and out of one of the kestrel boxes while two yellow-rumped warblers worked over poison ivy berries further down the tree. Recently I've seen three different bald eagles low over our fields, and a juvenile Cooper's hawk and adult sharpie occasionally visit the yard. And now that it's cold the more common species are back in the feeder areas.

Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!