Date: 11/13/17 4:14 pm
From: James Pike <jimpike444...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] pine
I found a Pine Warbler this afternoon while pishing for orioles in the
red-flowering eucalyptus trees just east of the entrance to Mile Square
Park off Ward and Edinger. It flew across the curving entrance road from a
row of four long-needled pines that line the netted boundary of the golf
course to the open sycamore where I was standing. This is just before one
reaches the ranger station to enter the park. I took as many photos as I
could in the poor light, and once it flew I wasn't able to refind it in the
pines. I'm hoping someone can get better pictures than I did. BTW, I did
see an adult male Bullock's Oriole in the eucs, as well as a Tricolored
Heron flying towards the tide gates at Bolsa earlier in the day.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140329376@N06/

Jim Pike
HB

Join us on Facebook!