Date: 11/13/17 3:53 pm
From: John Kendall <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Lakefront Redpolls, Red-necked Grebe
I birded from Miller to Michigan City, with Ed Hopkins at Miller and we met Peter Scott briefly at the Port of Indiana.
Highlights were 4 Dunlin and 7 Sanderlings, Scoters and Snow Buntings at Miller and the continuing adult Red-necked Grebe in the same spot at the Port.. I also had a pair of Redpolls, a Catbird and Yellow-rumped Warbler at Ogden.
Also encountered at Ogden Dunes was an interesting, large 10 pt or more buck that came within 25’ of me 3 times while at the exact Towhee site. I climbed the terracing to escape and it went up the adjacent slope, only to come out on the terrace. Just as it was staring me down, the doe showed up and it jumped down into the tangle, thrashing around in the pond. I promptly exited southwest from the pinery.
I also had a Mockingbird near the Portage Parks office and a Long-tailed Duck at Michigan City.

John Kendall
Warsaw

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!