Date: 11/13/17 3:39 pm
From: Henry Stevens <henrycstevens...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Glossary of Greek Birds at Tufts University
Hi there -- my name is Henry Stevens, a young birder at Tufts University
and president of the Tufts Ornithological Society. If you could post the
following message in the MassBird listserve, that would be most appreciated!
---
Birders,

This is an open invitation to attend a talk this Friday (17th) from 4-5 pm
at Tufts University (Medford/Somerville campus) on the D'Arcy Thompson
project, led by Marie-Claire Beaulieu of the Tufts Classic Department. The
project is focused on re-creating and digitizing D'Arcy Thompson's Glossary
of Greek Birds from 1895, where Thompson compiles all of the birds featured
in classical Greek literature and attempts to identify them and explain
their significance. Marie-Claire is particularly interested in hearing
opinions from the surrounding Massachusetts birding community about what
exactly we hope for from the project, and any suggestions we may have for
improving it.

If you are interested in attending, please send me an email at
<henrycstevens...> That way I can get an idea on numbers and give
specific parking directions.

Take care!

Henry Stevens, President of the Tufts Ornithological Society

Join us on Facebook!