Date: 11/13/17 9:49 am
From: 'Norene' <noreneclare...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Helen Putnam
Perhaps of some passing interest. There are Stellar's Jays here this season
at Helen Putnam in Petaluma (South Loop). Odd that. Thought I saw one last
year in the same area in the rain (took a ghostly picture), but just the
one. Now, there's a definite presence. I did ask one why they were here
(do Jays migrate?), but they didn't have an answer for me.

Also, Hermit Thrushes are definitely staying the season, which is nice.
They were absent during the drought years. I always like to go on the
higher trails in Armstrong Redwoods and the upper canyons on Mt. Tam and
listen to their ethereal songs rising up above the ferns, in early spring.
Maybe we'll hear them here. Who knows.

Norene

Petaluma

Join us on Facebook!