Date: 11/13/17 8:38 am
From: Don Albright <donalbright...>
Subject: [obol] Christmas Bird Count Schedule for Oregon
OBOL,
I've been gathering Christmas Bird Count dates for Oregon for the 2017-18 count season.  I've received most of the dates from compilers, and just yesterday I sent along the schedule as it now stands, with contact information for each count, to the OBA webmaster to get posted on the website at www.orbirds.org.  I'm sure she'll have that up soon.  In the meantime, here's the schedule without contact info.  If you need to get ahold of a compiler right away, just send me an email and I'll get you their email address.
For what it's worth, it looks like we'll have counts in 33 of Oregon's 36 counties this year.  Counties not represented:  Hood River; Malheur; Morrow.
Don <Albrightdonalbright...>

CHRISTMAS BIRD COUNTS IN OREGON, 2017-18:
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 14Upper Nestucca
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15Burns-Hines
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16FlorenceGrants PassJohn DayMedfordRoseburg-SutherlinSalemTillamook BayWalla Walla, WA (includes a portion of Umatilla County, OR)
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 17Columbia EstuaryKlamath FallsLincoln CityLyle, WA (includes The Dalles, Rowena, and Mosier, OR)Port OrfordSistersTualatin River NWRWallowa County
MONDAY, DECEMBER 18AntoneP-Ranch -- Malheur NWR
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 19CorvallisSummer Lake
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 20Hart MountainMadras
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 22Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge, NV

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 23Forest Grove
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 26BrownsvillePine Valley (Halfway and Richland)
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 27DallasTygh Valley
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 28Oakridge
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 29AntelopeSauvie IslandWahkiakum, WA (includes Knappa and Brownsmead, OR)
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 30AshlandBendCottage Grove (New count!)PortlandUmatilla CountyUtopia (Culver area)Yaquina Bay
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 31Airlie-AlbanyEugenePrineville
MONDAY, JANUARY 1Cowlitz-ColumbiaTule Lake, CA (includes Merrill, OR and vicinity)
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 3Redmond

NOT SCHEDULED YET:Baker County--Baker ValleyBaker County--SalisburyColumbia Hills-Klickitat Valley, WACoquille ValleyReedsportSilvertonUnion CountyYamhill Valley

NOT HAPPENING THIS YEAR:Coos BayGilliam County (?)Hood River (?)Illinois Valley

Join us on Facebook!