Date: 11/13/17 7:37 am
From: Jen Sanford <jjsanford...>
Subject: [obol] Gilliam County South Raptor Run
Hi all,

On Saturday Jacob Durrent and I ran the 150-mile Gilliam County South
raptor survey for the East Cascades Audubon Society. Numbers were bananas
compared to the last two winters I did surveys. I think I rarely top 30
raptors per survey and on Saturday we had 89 total.

Red-tailed Hawks: 21
Rough-legged Hawks: 19
American Kestrels: 14
Northern Harriers: 20 (I usually have <5)
Golden Eagle: 1 (Wehrli Canyon)
Prairie Falcon: 1 (Lonerock Rd)
Merlin: 1 (Devils Butte Rd)
Western Screech-Owl: 1 (Buttermilk Canyon)

Plus 11 Red-tailed/Rough-leggeds.

Other highlights:

Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch: 1 lone bird in Buttermilk Canyon
White-tailed Jackrabbit on Hale Ridge Road (lifer mammal!)
Chukars: 2 big flocks of at least 15 birds each, one off 206 and one along
Devils Butte Road

A few photos of the jackrabbit, rosy-finch, and other stuff on my Flickr
here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stoptellingmeitsokay/

Good birding!

Jen Sanford
Portland