Date: 11/13/17 7:32 am
From: 'Rhonda (Monroe) Rothrock' <woodthrusheola8...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET no sighting: bird bath recomendation
Although I live in southernmost IL and realize the climate differs throughout the state, I suggest the use of a heated dog water bowl. They might lack an organic appeal but what they lack in looks, they make up in durability. They are inexpensive and can be found in multiple sizes. I've been using them for years. By placing a big stone (or a brick if you don't have a stone) in the center, you can provide access for birds of all sizes. Just don't forget to refill it if it gets low. Plus they are very easy to clean even though winter's cold keeps the cleaning needs down. Rhonda Rothrock
Pomona, Jackson County, IL

Consider forming a team to compete in  the16th Annual Birding Blitz of Southernmost IL, April 29, 2017!16 years of outstanding birding comradery in southernmost IL!!https://www.facebook.com/groups/317666471615613/

Join us on Facebook!