Date: 11/12/17 7:15 pm
From: Richard <birdertoo...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Sunday Birding Jackson to Douglas to Adams Counties
Hello cobirders;

After an all night owling trip in Jackson County Terry Michaels and I found an American Three-toed Woodpecker at Ranger Lakes and headed back to Denver. We heard or saw Boreal Owls at Ranger Lakes, two locations along Ruby Jewell Road, Joe Wright Reservoir and Crags Campgrounds.

After dropping Terry off, I drove down to the Twenty mile Pond and photographed the Brant.

Later, I passed by the First Creek Trail (Adams). No Common Redpoll for me, birds found in order of number were Dark-eyed Juncos, American Tree Sparrows, Song Sparrows, American Goldfinches and White-crowned Sparrow.

A Great Horned Owl flew between First Creek and the trail (quite close) and settled in a cottonwood at the west end of the first riparian area along the creek.

I sat at my usual spot (0.2 miles north of W. Cargo Road & Third Creek) at just before sunset. No Short-eared Owls appeared this evening.

Correction: Terry and I found the Surf Scoter at Walden Reservoir yesterday afternoon, not today. My phone call must have been confusing?

Continued Good Birding!

Directions to birding spots and maps on CoBus website:
http://coloradobirdingsociety.net

Richard Stevens; Director, Colorado Birding Society
Denver, Colorado
Contact CoBus/Report Interesting Birds: 303-324-7994
Subscribe to "cobirders" by sending blank email to:
<cobirders-subscribe...>
Read "cobirders" at: