Date: 11/12/17 5:09 pm
From: <gregg_recer...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] mohawk river from halfmoon to cohoes
scott stoner, denise hackert-stoner, and I spent a few hours this afternoon checking out spots on both side of the lower Mohawk river including crescent, flight-lock road, cohoes flats, cohoes falls overlook, and the crescent power station. We also ran down to the end of Tibbets ave. in Green Island. to check the Hudson.

the best finds were a pair of dunlin and one greater yellowlegs at flight lock road. We had a pie-billed grebe at the power station and one adult bald eagle near cohoes falls. Large numbers of ring-billed gulls are starting to be joined by herring and great black-backed, but no other gulls were found.

gregg recer
malta

Join us on Facebook!