Date: 11/12/17 5:05 pm
From: Christine Sheridan <cmsbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] A wisp of Snipe...Nashua
Dylan's post about the Red-breasted Merganser that has shown up for several
years in the same spot on Lake Sunapee reminded me I had not checked on the
Wilson's Snipe that seems to appear annually in the Salmon Brook wetland
just upstream from Improved Machinery Pond off Burke St.

I had looked earlier in the fall, when it usually shows up, but the water
was too high--no mudflats.

Today I peeked through the fence surrounding the wetland and quickly
located a Snipe! Also, four more Snipe!

Which demonstrates nothing--except it's a good spot to look for Snipe in
the fall...

Chris Sheridan
Nashua