Date: 11/12/17 4:06 pm
From: Amy Kearns <greenpertplus...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] West Boggs Lake Daviess County
My family and I tried for a "scoter sweep" at West Boggs Lake this morning (all 3 scoters had been reported Fri-Sat). We were unsuccessful in the rain and drizzle, although we did enjoy close views of 6 surf scoters and a male long-tailed duck.

West Boggs Lake (Martin Co.), Martin, Indiana, US
Nov 12, 2017 11:00 AM - 12:05 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: Looking for black scoter, reported here Fri. Not found. Did find duck hunters at location where it had been seen previously.
10 species

Lesser Scaup 75 Estimated
Surf Scoter 3 Immature male and two imm/fem types
Long-tailed Duck 1 Continues. Male in dark-necked summer plumage
Bufflehead 15
Ruddy Duck 75 Estimated
Carolina Chickadee 2
Carolina Wren 2
Golden-crowned Kinglet 3
White-throated Sparrow 1
Northern Cardinal 1

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40466582

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org<http://ebird.org/>)

West Boggs Lake (Daviess Co.), Daviess, Indiana, US
Nov 12, 2017 10:27 AM - 10:57 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: From 1200E and the west side of the county park
8 species

Greater Scaup 1 Female with susc
Surf Scoter 3 All Imm/fem types
Bufflehead 25