Date: 11/12/17 4:00 pm
From: Jacob Mathison <jacobmathison1...>
Subject: [obol] Basket Slough and Ankeny birds
I birded Basket Slough and Ankeny with Alan Contreras and Caleb Centanni
(Caleb left after Basket). Best birds included a Say's Pheobe on Livermore
Road, a Swamp Sparrow at the Narrows, and an Orange-crowned Warbler at
Pintail Marsh (Ankeny). Other things of interest were an oddly molted
Pintail with orange plumage, an apparent intergrade Green-winged Teal (had
spotty horizontal and vertical stripes and partial light borders on the
green head shaft; I'll link the photos when I upload them), and over
seventy Tundra Swans in Basket, a high number for the area. Also had
numerous Lincoln's Sparrows, a large pot of Wilson's Snipe, and a probable
White-throated Sparrow at the Narrows.

Jacob Mathison
jacobmathison1.wixsite.com/nature-photography

<http://jacobmathison1.wixsite.com/nature-photography>
"If you keep a green tree in your heart, perhaps a singing bird will
come." ~Chinese Proverb

Join us on Facebook!