Date: 11/12/17 3:45 pm
From: Julie Hart via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Common Eider at Milford Point
We saw a female-type Common Eider at Milford Pt this afternoon. We observed it from the outer platform. It was foraging in the deep channel in the marsh, the one that comes in from the river, along with 2 Common Loons and a Mute Swan. Possibly the same one Frank saw from the other side of the river?

Also a growing flock of Snow Buntings on the beach, small groups of Long-tailed Ducks and Horned Grebes, a group of Red-breasted Mergansers, a number of Common Loons, and one each of Black and White-winged Scoter. Good numbers of Dunlin and Sanderlings, a lingering Oystercatcher, a few Black-bellied Plovers, and some Greater Yellowlegs.

Full lists on eBird with identifiable photos of the eider and buntings:
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40474806 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40474806>
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40470612 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40470612>
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40467257 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40467257>

-Julie & Daniel