Date: 11/12/17 3:18 pm
From: Marc Ribaudo via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Sedge wren, peregrine, Sully Woodlands
Kurt Gaskill and I visited Sully Woodlands this morning to view the northern shrike and explore the area for sparrows.  The shrike cooperated nicely (perched up directly behind the barn) and we tallied some other goodies as well.  While walking in the northwest portion of the property we heard a dry, quick chatter from deep in the grass.  The first thing I thought of was "wren", and sedge was the closest fit we could think of.  The bird did not show itself.  We reviewed calls on Xeno Canto and it was a sedge wren.  We also saw a peregrine fly low overhead, and 2 fox sparrows.

Marc Ribaudo

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid