Date: 11/12/17 11:47 am
From: Brandon <flammowl17...>
Subject: [cobirds] Pueblo Reservoir, Pueblo Co. 11/11 (Black Scoters)
Hi all,

I thought about going to Park County today, though couldn't find anyone to
go with me or meet up with up there, and didn't want to bird it all alone,
so I decided to scope Pueblo Reservoir on this calm Sunday morning. The
highlight were two female type Black Scoters (likely the same birds, I saw
on Thursday). The birds were first spotted at very long distance away,
from South Shore Marina, looking back west, to an area west of the North
Shore Marina. From that distance, I thought they were Black Scoters,
though, it would have been hard to convince anyone. Pearle, Clif and I
went to a location, near the North Shore Marina to get better looks. We
found them, and they were indeed Black Scoters, so I was happy, I was
right. David Chartier, also saw them after noon today. Other things at
the South Shore Marina at Pueblo Reservoir, were adult Great Black-backed
Gull, adult Lesser Black-backed Gull, a juvenile Iceland (Thayer's) Gull.
Common Loon numbers dropped to only a hand full maybe, compared to the 30
two days ago! Lots of Bonaparte's Gulls spread out through out the lake,
mostly off West Fishing Road. Red-breasted Mergansers and Common Goldeneye
were also on Pueblo Reservoir today, and few more ducks then the last time
I was out there on Friday. Western Grebes are all over, Horned Grebes by
the dam, and Eared Grebes mostly off West Fishing Road.

Good birding,

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO