Date: 11/12/17 11:27 am
From: TRACY McCarthey <tmccarthey...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Thrasher Spot and Lower River Road Ponds
Late post, but I made a trip out to the Buckeye area yesterday morning. At the Baseline Road/Salome Hwy Thrasher spot, I was unable to locate any BELL’S SPARROWS. All the “sage” sparrows I was able to get a good look at were SAGEBRUSH SPARROWS. I did get good looks at a few LECONTE’S THRASHERS, as well as a BENDIRE’S THRASHER, and heard a CRISSAL THRASHER.

On the way back, I stopped by the Lower River Road Ponds. The highlights were almost 50 AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS, almost the same number of DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANTS with only a couple of NEOTROPICAL CORMORANTS mixed in, and two WOOD DUCKS.

Good birding!

Tracy McCarthey
Phoenix, AZ