Date: 11/12/17 9:25 am
From: Steve Huggins <sjhuggins1209...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET McHenry Saturday - Cook Sunday
A quick round-up of my weekend’s birding.

Saturday 11/11/17

With my wife visiting the inlaws in Huntley I took advantage of some birding time and attempted to find Crossbills…No luck!

Marengo Ridge, McHenry Co
No Crossbills or Black-backed Woodpeckers but lot’s of Red-breasted Nuthatches (18), Pine Siskin (6) and Fox Sparrow (11). Also a huge mixed flock of Red-winged Blackbirds and Common Grackle in the nearby fields.

Pleasant Valley Conservation Area, McHenry Co
Very quiet, again no Crossbills but again lot’s of Red-breasted Nuthatch. Also a Great Horned Owl calling from the pines. Unbelievable lack of Tree Sparrows - where are they all?

Sunday 11/12/17 - before the rain hit!

Rainbow Beach, Cook Co
Common Loon - 3
Canvasback - 7
Ring-necked Duck - 25
Aythea raft - 800 - 1000 ish
Lincoln Sparrow - 1 (getting late)

Park 566, Cook Co
White-winged Scoter - 1 male
Black Scoter - 1 female
Horned Grebe - 43
Snow Bunting - 1
Pine Siskin - 2

Calumet Park, Cook Co
Surf Scoter - 5 female type
Long-tailed Duck 1 male
Red-breasted Nuthatch - 2

Full lists can be viewed at:

http://www.igoterra.com/rs.asp?userid=283&d=2017-11-11

http://www.igoterra.com/rs.asp?userid=283&d=2017-11-12

Cheers
Steve Huggins
Chicago, IL
http://www.pbase.com/sjhuggins

Posted by: Steve Huggins <sjhuggins1209...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)