Date: 11/12/17 8:15 am
From: Pamela Sowizral <psowizral...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Nice morning at Drumlin Farm
I was happy to find 32 species this morning - more than anticipated. Highlights were a very cooperative pipit walking on the compost pile (best look I have ever had of a pipit - amazingly close), lingering palm warbler and savannah sparrows, four species of wood peckers, nice hermit thrush and a raven.

I briefly stopped by Farrar Pond on the way to work this morning. There were 10 mute swans on the west end and one swan by itself further east which was too far away for me to see with just binocs. Hopefully the tundra swan will make a re-appearance. Nice birding with others on Friday and seeing the tundra swan. Thanks to Jason for finding it and to David Swain for the heads up.

Pam Sowizral
Mass Audubon's Drumlin Farm
Lincoln

Canada Goose 53