Date: 11/12/17 7:46 am
From: Kurt Meisenzahl <meisenzk...>
Subject: Winter birds in Comanche County
Greetings OK birders,
During the past week we have seen our first White-throated Sparrow, a Ruby-crownedKinglet and Juncos in the backyard.  Spooked two Inca Doves in the front yard.
Saw a Winter Wren along Medicine Creek on Fort Sill and only the second sightingof a Pileated Woodpecker in the same area. Our female Ruby-throated Hummingbird had been here since Nov 3rd.  This morningI changed the sugar water and saw her twice, once perched and once at the freshlyfilled feeder.  So we have seen her 10 days in a row - and counting.
White-winged Doves continue to be a nuisance - as soon as I put out sunflower seedsin the morning, 30 or 40 show up and the seeds are gone in 10 minutes.
Kurt & Sharon MeisenzahlLawton, OK