Date: 11/11/17 6:56 pm
From: Dianne & Steve Kinder <000000023c9fba03-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Loess Bluffs [Squaw Creek ] NWR, Holt Co.
Larry Lade and I visited the refuge this morning. Lots of Waterfowl in spite of LOTS of vegetation that has grown up due to the dry conditions. Birds were packed in to some of the places that did have open water. Some of our observations - Thousands of Dabbling Ducks present, but very few Divers. Trumpeter Swans numbering around 150. Several Ross's Geese in with several thousand Snow Geese, plus Canada and Greater White-fronted Geese. A pair of Sandhill Cranes. Many Red-tailed Hawks and Bald Eagles, several Northern Harriers, and a Cooper's Hawk. Four Harris's Sparrows. Three River Otters. Fun Morning!
Steve <Kinderdmkinder...>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

Join us on Facebook!