Date: 11/11/17 6:14 pm
From: Christopher Hinkle <christopher.hinkle2...>
Subject: [obol] Sauvie Island Common Redpoll and American Tree Sparrow
I birded the Multnomah County half of Sauvie Island this morning, started
at Oak Island road where I found an American Tree Sparrow at mile post two.
Details/pics in ebird. While checking the riparian habitat at Willow Bar I
had a calling flyover Common Redpoll. I wonder if it could be an invasion
year? There are tons of birds on the island right now, especially cranes,
waterfowl, and sparrows.

In the afternoon met up with Adrian and Em at Hayden Island where we found
a Red-necked Grebe, one Eared Grebe, and four Surf Scoters at Columbia
Point.

Good birding,

Christopher Hinkle

Join us on Facebook!