Date: 11/11/17 5:43 pm
From: Noah Arthur <semirelicta...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Palm Warbler in Lemoyne
Lemoyne -- that little coastal town on the north shore of Lake McConaughy -- proved itself as a birding hotspot yet again this afternoon.

There was a large flock of mixed songbirds in trees and shrubbery along the eastern shore of the bay that's just east of the town. One of the first birds I saw was a vigorously tail-pumping warbler that turned out to be a PALM WARBLER. An apparent 'AUDUBON'S' YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER was also in the flock, along with a TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE, EASTERN BLUEBIRDS, WHITE-BREASTED NUTHATCHES, HAIRY and DOWNY WOODPECKERS, NORTHERN FLICKERS, many DARK-EYED JUNCOS of several subspecies, AMERICAN GOLDFINCHES, and probably an AMERICAN TREE SPARROW. Definitely one of the most exciting passerine-flock experiences of my life!

Noah Arthur (Oakland, CA/Lincoln, NE)
<semirelicta...>
510-967-2179

Posted by: Noah Arthur <semirelicta...>