Date: 11/11/17 4:56 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Merlin in McMinnville
My White-throated Sparrow was present in the backyard this morning here on
Rummel St. in McMinnville.

I haven't seen a Merlin anywhere in Oregon this year. Harry Fuller said the
other day that he hadn't either. Usually there's a couple around
McMinnville each winter. Not last winter.

Today I checked a road near Dundee where we'd seen Merlins in the past. No
luck.

Then I came home at 4 PM, turned in my driveway and saw a shape at the top
of a tall D. fir in the backyard. I parked in the driveway and quickly got
my scope on the bird. MERLIN! for the year yard, county and state list!
Yay!

Paul T. Sullivan

1014 SE Rummel St.

McMinnville, OR 97128