Date: 11/11/17 3:20 pm
From: Wayne K. Forsythe <wforsythe...>
Subject: Henderson Cty. Water Treatment Plant
Folks,
I got a text from Ben & Carol Ringer about 4:56 PM reporting 1, maybe 2 LONG-TAILED DUCKS at the water treatment plant on Rt.#191 in the Mills River area of Henderson County. I arrived at about 5:20 PM and first observed an adult, BALD EAGLE, dive bombing the water treatment pond. I guess Long-tailed Duck were on it's menu for today. Fortunately, the Long-tailed Ducks stayed put and I got some decent photos for documentation as I believe this is a first record for Henderson County. Thanks to the Ringer's and George Ivy for finding these birds and getting the word out. I'll try to post my photos on Carolinabirds in a timely fashion!
Wayne

Wayne K. Forsythe
16 Colonial Way
Hendersonville, N. C. 28791