Date: 11/11/17 3:00 pm
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Amado Pelicans, Madera Blue-throated Hummingbird
Just after noon the two Brown Pelicans were grooming on one of the floats at the Amado WTP.

About an hour later at the Santa Rita Lodge in Madera Canyon, a Blue-throated Hummingbird was seen on and off over 20 minutes, once naked eye at 5 feet. as were Arizona Woodpecker, Acorn Woodpecker, Mexican Jays, Anna’s Hummingbirds and one that looked to me like a male Broad-tailed Hummingbird, but I wasn’t able to get a photo or others on it to confirm. It had a red throat very much like a Ruby-throated, top of the head green, but I didn’t hear any tail whirr notes.

John R Williams