Date: 11/11/17 2:54 pm
From: James Billstine <billstinj...>
Subject: [obol] North Tillamook County Birds 11-11
Myself and three other Tillamook area birders birded Tillamook from
Garibaldi to Manzanita. This was a sort of preview trip for the birding
community I am trying to build in Tillamook County. We are having a
birder's night on Wednesday, December 6 at the Tillamook Library Branch
from 6-7:30 p.m.

Our highlight bird was a SWAMP SPARROW at Alder Creek Farms in Nehalem in
the lower pasture, along with the continuing Tan-Striped White-Throated
Sparrow.

We also saw seven species of raptors:
Bald Eagle
Peregrine Falcon
Kestrel
Merlin (Chasing the Peregrine)
Northern Harrier
Red-Tailed Hawk
Cooper's Hawk

There was an okay number of ducks scattered about; no Greater Scaup though
I have seen them my last few trips at the Nehalem Sewage Ponds.

Good Birding!

--
James Billstine

http://wingsaroundtheumpqua.blogspot.com/