Date: 11/11/17 2:14 pm
From: David <davidbecher...>
Subject: Saturday WGNSS Birding
We started at Busch, where careful searching failed to find the Eared Grebe. There was a large flock of Cedar Waxwings at Lake 6 among which we found a nice female plumaged Purple Finch. There were probably two Red-breasted Nuthatches in the pines, but they were very uncooperative. The Fallen Oak Trail also had a large flock of Cedar Waxwings and a smaller flock of at least 6 Red-breasted Nuthatches that were easier to see. We then drove to Riverlands and looked for the Snowy Owl without success. There was a lot of farm work in progress and probably too much disturbance. There were only a few birds in Ellis Bay, but one was a very nice Red-throated Loon in Ellis Bay a bit down stream from Heron Pond. We also saw my first of the season Common Goldeneye near the dam. Swans were everywhere and there were small flocks of White-fronted and Snow Geese.

David Becher

Saint Louis

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html