Date: 11/11/17 2:11 pm
From: Marc Ribaudo via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Fwd: eBird Report - Bristoe Station Battlefield, Nov 11, 2017
The Northern Virginia Bird Club visited Bristoe Station Battlefield in Nokesville, Prince William Co. this frosty morning. Lots of birds that pretty much kept to cover. We still managed to see 8 species, but views were not the best. A grove of junipers was full of robins, cedar waxwings, and yellow-rumped warblers, with two sapsuckers were also mixed in. All of a sudden all the birds (well over 100) burst from cover and took off. We looked around and sure enough, a sharp-shinned hawk zoomed overhead. A goosebump moment. Another highlight was 6 meadowlarks that popped out of the grass, just when we were wondering where the meadowlarks were. The complete list is below.

Marc Ribaudo
<moribaudo...>

Bristoe Station Battlefield, Prince William, Virginia, US
Nov 11, 2017 7:06 AM - 10:09 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.43 mile(s)
46 species